Read and Write is available on MacOS (10.11 and higher) and for iOS (iOS 9 or higher) on all Yukon Education managed devices (school machines and 1 to 1 devices).
Please see information below how to activate or install Read and Write for use.
From the Read and Write website:
Read&Write lets everyone read, write and express themselves more confidently.
Our easy-to-use toolbar makes documents, files and web pages more accessible. Read&Write is a big confidence booster for anyone who needs a little support with their reading and writing, at school or in the workplace. And its friendly literacy features help English Language Learners, as well as people with dyslexia or other learning difficulties.
From hearing emails or documents read out loud to text prediction, picture dictionaries and summary highlighters, Read&Write makes lots of everyday literacy tasks simpler, quicker and more accurate.
Further information: https://www.texthelp.com/en-gb/products/read-write/
- Login as teacher or with a Teacher AD account.
- Launch Read and Write from the Common Apps folder.
- Follow prompts to allow Read and Write security access. Unlock padlock and check box next to Read and Write.
- Install from Self Service and launch the app from the homescreen
- Once Read&Write for iPad has been installed on your Pad you will then need to activate the app.
Tap the Activate icon on your Home screen
You can also activate Read&Write for iPad by clicking on this link; please click here
- Follow prompts as provided to enable keyboard access.