In most cases ITSS recommends using VMWare Horizon Client (Virtual Desktop Interface) to access Outlook and YNET resources. However in some cases users may need Outlook for Mac. See the directions below to setup your YNET account using Outlook.
- Open Outlook. Go to Preferences, add Account, Select Exchange.
- Type in your YNET email address.
- User name and password as authentication
- Username: ynet\(yet username e.g. jbsmith)
- Pwd: (your YNET password)
Machine should auto-detect Exchange server.
- After setting up Outlook ensure you have backup solution (e.g. TimeMachine).
- Encryption is currently being assessed.
- Mac for Outlook will not connect to h drive folders due to differing formats.