This article explains how you can change your YESNet AD password
- Be a teacher or student in Yukon Education.
- Use a school iMac or MacBook (1to1 devices included) connected to the school (YESNet) network.
- Login to the workstation with your YESNet AD password by clicking Other at the login window.
- Open System Preferences via the Apple Menu in the upper left corner of your desktop.
- Click on Users & Groups.
- Click Change Password.
- Enter your current password and your new password in the boxes provided.
Before you can use your new server share, or if you have requested a password reset, the password must be changed from it’s default. You can do this from any workstation at the school.
If you see the message below when attempting to connect to your school share, you need to reset your YESNet AD password.
- On a computer connected to your school network, at the login screen, click “Other”.
- Login with the credentials provided for your YESNet AD account, also known as school server, webfilter or HRMS.
- You will be prompted to enter your new password, then click “Reset Password”
What Is My YESNet AD Password For?
- One to One work account
- School Network File Server
- Webfilter Override