As detailed in Server Accounts, staff members and students are provided with personal folders on the school server for file storage.
Folders are organized by classroom. Thus John Smith, a student in Grade 5, would have his personal folder located in Grade 5>John Smith.
To access the folder:
- On the desktop select Go.
- Select Connect to Server.
- If needed type in the school acronym (e.g. CKE)
- The user will be prompted to enter their username and password. For students, this will be their Student#. The default password for student accounts is apple.
- The student will be provided two options – their personal folder or the Classes folder. The personal folder can be used to store work while accessing the Classes Folder will provide the student with the option of sending their work to that Class’ Dropbox (accessible to the teacher).
Folders are simply organized by Student# and remain with the student throughout their high school career until graduation. When students connect to the server they will be provided with the option of connecting to their personal folder or the Classes folder. The Classes Folder will contain folders for various classes and their corresponding shared folders and dropboxes to submit work.
File Sharing – Teacher Resources
In addition to personal folders, each school server maintains a shared Teacher Resources folder. This folder is only available to staff. In addition to staff-created content ITSS also stores data useful to teachers and administrators. These resources are located in Teacher Resources>Software. This includes items such as:
- Printer Drivers
- Promethean Board Resources
- Software Packages
File Sharing – Classes
Class Folders can be created on the server allowing student access for shared resources (e.g. assignment instructions, rubrics, handouts etc.) and a Dropbox folder for submitting work.
To request this please contact ITSS.